These 10 tools professional hair stylists swear By to make hair around the world look beautiful
Becoming a professional hairstylist takes many years of practice, skill and understanding your tools of the trade. Furthermore, building a stylist toolkit is essential to your success.
Also, understanding what tools to use on what textures of hair are critical.
FabKulture has compiled an exclusive list of top tools used by professional hairstylists.
The Duckbill is one of the most versatile tools used in the hairstylist industry. They are lightweight aluminum or stainless steel with slightly curved to contour the head.
They are perfect for sectioning parts of the hair, applying makeup and more.
- DCDEAL 12pcs Pro Hairdressing Duck Mouth Hair Clips (Details)
- Minalo 12pcs Transparent Sectioning Plastic & Metal Duckbill Clips (Details)
- MOKALE 6 Pcs Silicone Band Maximum Gripping Duckbill Hair Clips Clamps (Details)
Velcro Rollers (Also known as Retro Styling Rollers)
This tool can be found at photo shoots, runway shows, modeling sets, and more. A classic go-to tool for gravity defying hair.
- Conair Styling Essentials Rollers, Thermal Self-Grip, Value Pack (Details)
- Self Grip Velcro Hair Rollers Pro Salon Hairdressing Curlers Assorted Colors (Details)
A Brush Cleaner
Brushes are vital in every stylist toolkit and can range in price big-time. So keeping your high quality brush clean is important without compromising the strength of the nylon that’s used in it and tearing up the boar-hair bristles.
- PHILIP B Hairbrush Cleaner, 1 fl. Oz. (Details)
- Olivia Garden Brush Cleaner Individual Pieces (Details)
- Ship-Shape Comb and Brush Cleaner – Net wt. 2 lbs (Details)
Professional Level Blowdryer
Another important piece to every stylist toolkit is a pro level blowdryer. These dryers are well worth the money and will take your hair skills to the next level.
A good hairdryer will hair damage to make hair dry faster, look smoother and more shinier.
- BaByliss PRO Nano Titanium Volare V1 Ferrari Professional Luxury Dryer (Details)
- Drybar Buttercup Blow Dryer the Official Hair Dryer (Details)
- BIO IONIC 10x Ultralight Speed Dryer (Details)
- DevaCurl DevaDryer with DevaFuser (Details)
The Proper Dryer Attachments
Using the correct attachment for your hairdryer in critical for helping direct the airflow in a more precise.
Furthermore, not using the correct attachment will allow air to flow everywhere creating heavy frizz. A diffuser is perfect for every texture of hair and works wonders.
- xtava Collapsible Silicone Hair Diffuser for Blow Dryer (Details)
- Conair Volumizing Diffuser (Details)
A Few Awesome Brushes
The use of a brush can have many purposes for professional hairstylists.
- Braun Satin hair brush – This high-tech wonder releases a stream of active ions that instantly tame flyaways. (Details)
- Ibiza B4 brush – Soft boar and nylon bristles provide gentle tension for fragile strands, creating volume without damaging hair. (Details)
- Mason Pearson Handy Mixed Bristle Brush – A rare expert level brush, considered the Rolls-Royce of brushes by many of the world’s best stylist. The brush showcases a gentle, detangling mix of nylon and natural boar bristles that also add shine. (Details)
A Curling Iron
Every professional level hairstylist has an arsenal of curling ironing at their usage. Investing in quality curling irons are important as some at-home hair dressers use only one or two irons.
Therefore, getting only one or two types of curls. To step your game up, you need an arsenal of official curling irons to work with.
- T3 Whirl Trio Interchangeable Styling Wand – The T3 is considered the Maybach of curling irons and priced $250 & up this Interchangeable styling rod is worth the money. Well, unless you prefer to buy 10 different curling irons, instead of the T3 Whirl Trio Interchangeable. (Details)
- Amika Digital Titanium Glide Curler Iron (Details)
- THEORIE curling iron QUANTUM switch With TITANSCULPT ULTRA Technology (Details)
- The Beachwaver Beach Waver Pro Curling Iron (Details)
Pro-level Hair Sprays
Great for restyling second-day hair, or for those times when your hair didn’t come out perfect and you want to redo it.
- Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Wild Ginger Finishing Spray (Details)
- Aveda Control force Firm Hold Hair Spray (Details)
- Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray (Details)
A Good Comb
Good high-quality combs are used by pro hair artists to section and comb hair smoothly. A professional comb is molded, and made out of nylon or silicone.
Cheap combs are bad for business and hair. Also, sharp edges on inexpensive combs will tear at your client’s hair cause unwanted frizz and texture.
Professional quality combs last alot longer than cheap combs and are heat resistant.
If you know of any top-rated hairstylist tools you would like us to mention. Drop a line in our comments, we will respond. Thank you!